Top Investors And Their Favorite Startups
While the stories always focus on how much startups are managing to raise funds, the little concern goes over to whom these investors are, and how they play the major role here. Without a doubt, a lot of risk and trouble go into investing in something which you really don’t know whether will click or not. While these investors are majorly angel investors that make early investments, and help the startups to kick start their functioning. The angel investors have so far invested n 452 startups within the last decade. Apart from just offering funds, these investors often act as mentors to the startups and provide ample guidance. So it will not be an exaggeration to say that the real success of the startup companies or let’s say the startup culture in India largely depends on the amount of risk the investors are willing to take.
The Top Investors
Among the top ten angel investors in India, first comes RajanAnandan, who is the Managing Director of Google India. He has made overall investments of eighty in the last few years, and some of these companies have already been acquired. AnupamGopal Mittal comes second on the list who has invested in around fifty companies and were the founder of People Group. He has invested in companies like Ola and Hacker Earth. Founder of CIO Angel Network, Sanjay Mehta is also top on the list and has made a total of 40 investments so far. Next on the list comes Zishan Hayath who has made thirty investments in startups. Zishan has invested in companies like Ola, Zo Rooms, Housing.com, Stayzilla, Ezetap, and Team Indus. While these are the top investors, let us take a look at the favourite startups of these top investors.
- Amigobulls – Amigobulls Inc. is a California-based startup founded by MandeepMakkar, PoornaNayak, Chandrashekhar ChanduSohoni. The company delivers content, analysis, and further insights on stocks. It gives video analysis and algorithmic analysis which will help in deciding which stocks to buy.
- Druva – Druva is a company again based out of California founded by RamaniKothandaraman, Jaspreet Singh and Milind Borate. It provides software solutions for its clients mainly cloud backup, data protection, and other related services. It has a huge client base that extends to over 3000.
- Exclusively – Exclusively is a Delhi based startup which sells expensive designer fashion products online. It has partnered with big brand names like Manish Malhotra, Manish Arora, TarunTahiliani, and Rohit Bahl. It provides shipping to many countries including US, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE, and Australia. Snapdeal acquired the company in 2015.
- Sapience Analytics – Sapience Analytics is a Pune based startup found in the year 2009. It sells the patent-pending software product to businesses that will help them to track and optimize the productivity of workplace, and hence bettering the working capital.
- Kwench – Kwench is a Mumbai-based startup that provides a platform for employee engagement programs which includes learning and development activities.