Latest India Funding Roundup- Companies In The Limelight
Indian start ups have woken up to fresh funding. This roundup focuses on seed funding activity and comprises winners of the Ten Minute Million event which was hosted by the Entrepreneurship Cell of IIT Bombay.
Some of the firms that received funding at the Entrepreneurship Summit 2016 are:
- Ekart: Flipkart has invested almost $100 million in Ekart, which is its logistics wing. This investment was reportedly made through a Singapore-based group named Klick2shop Logistics Services.
- Strike: Strike is a smartphone app which lets users research and connect with people on Gmail app, depending on the user’s contacts and levels of separation. The app has received Rs.15 lakhs in funding from angel investors at the Entrepreneurship Summit 2016 event.
- Gamooz: Gamooz is a Gurgaon-based startup which develops augmented reality apps for manufacturers, events and publishers. It has received Rs.15 lakhs as funds.
- MaaxMarket: This Chennai-based marketing automation tool has secured a funding of Rs.15 lakhs at the Entrepreneurship Summit. This SaaS was founded in 2015 by Lenin Srinivasan and incorporates machine learning and predictive analytics to drive social media, content and email marketing to clients by focusing on their online behavior.
- Blue Tokai: This is a specialty coffee retailer and has raised an undisclosed sum in seed financing. The financing is led by Snow Leopard Ventures and is supported by Bold Ventures. This Gurgaon based startup is now three years old and provides home delivery services for online orders. It even has plans to make use of the funds to promote a “sustainable technological interface”.