5 Innovative GPS Startups You Should Know About
More than locating Places !
Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based radio navigation system can determine the exact location of user’s location electronically. GPS has a wide application on a day-to-day life. While GPS is commonly used to identify the location and routes while driving, it has several uses such as getting emergency roadside assistance; tracking your belongings such as laptops; finding places such as the atres, restaurants; tracking your pets and finding lost using a GPS collar, to name a few. The concept of driverless cars, which is set to be the next big thing in transport, is also based on GPS technology.
GPS use is all set to grow over the coming years. To make the most of this, several companies have entered into this exciting segment. They are developing/have developed GPS-based solutions and games. Also, many of the startups have been acquired by bigger players. Here are some of the startups emerging in this field.
- Bypass: A US-based GPS routing application, Bypass helps people avoid high crime risk areas. This application combines crime data, user feedback, dynamic data sets to route users through a safe route. It also alerts the councils on such areas and provides suggestions to improve safety in such routes. Having an app on this phone can ensure safety to a great extent.
- Ping: Ping helps you to meet your friends at their exact location. Every user has a username and an avatar. To know your friend’s location, send a ping (Where are you) to request their location. Your friend can Check (I’m here) to let them know the location. The latest location is updated after every Check. This makes getting to your friend’s location easily. This Belgium-based app is highly useful if you want to quickly reach your friend’s location without any hassle.
- Mizglo: Mizglo makes exploring the city fun and exciting. Using this app is a great idea if you are new to the city or if you are touring a new location. The app features suggested routes to help you discover new places. New routes can also be identified in offline mode. You can also take up challenges to make exploring more fun -you would be asked questions based on the routes and you can choose your own adventure. Moreover, this Netherlands-based app also offers real-life interaction with other players along with same route. You can compete with your friends, earn a score and get rewards.
- Indicons: Indicons lets you find your friends in a crowded place. This eliminates the stress of texting your friend constantly. This app features an avatar for everyone. It combines augmented reality and GPS to track and find your friends. This app has been developed in the US.
- Near: A Greece-based startup, Near lets you know your friends who are around. You can discover, map check and track your friends who are nearby; within a distance of 1.5 Km. There would be less planning and more of hanging out.
What do you think about GPS based startups? Do share your thoughts in our comment section below.
Subscribe with us to get your dose of interesting news, research & opinions in the startup segment. Fill the form below:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]